Need to pay an invoice? Click Here

How to obtain an export health certificate

In order to export from the UK food containing animal products and any other products of animal origin including pet food, your Company must obtain an Export Health Certificate (EHC). This is an official document issued by APHA (Animal & Plant Health Agency) which needs to be completed and signed by an Official Veterinarian (OV) or a Port Health Officer (PHO) in case it is a fishery product.

How can we assist?

Mersey Port Health Authority (MPHA) provides all Export Health Certification services and has all the qualified staff necessary to carry out your export certification. We liaise directly with the Food Standards Agency (FSA), Animal & Plant Health Agency (APHA) and the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) to ensure that export certification is completed correctly and as quickly as possible to facilitate trade.

Our dedicated team of Export Officers (Official Veterinarians (OVs) and Regulatory Support Officers (RSOs) will personally liaise with you at your premises to carry out your export certification “on-site”, to ensure all is dealt with professionally and being cost-effective to your Company.

How much are export charges?

Our export charges stand at £105.00 for the first hour, £40.00 per additional hour.

Contact us

If you require further information regarding you export certification needs please contact us via our general enquiries form. Additionally you can complete and send us this questionnaire if you have a particular product in mind.