Need to pay an invoice? Click Here

Home Contact us

In order to improve our services to you, we no longer accept documents or enquiries via email.

There now are a number of ways to get in touch with us. Please select carefully from the options below so that your enquiry can be sent directly to the correct team of officers at MPHA. 

Upload your ship-arrival documents

Upload all ship-arrival documents using the form below.

Submit import documents 

To submit documents that relate to a consignment that has been detained, or additional documents or information one of our officers has asked for, please use the link below. 

Ask for a container status update

If you have made an initial enquiry about a detained consignment and need an update please use the form below.

Request a ship sanitation check or water sampling visit 

To request a ship sanitation check and water sampling visit, please use the form below. Once we receive your request, we will confirm a date and time for the visit, along with the named officer who will carry it out.

Report an illness on board

Please be sure to report an illness on board before you reach shore.

Where are we?

Address: Victoria House, Derby Road, Liverpool, L20 1AB 
Office hours: Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 17:00
Tel: 0151 233 2583

Out of hours emergencies for international health

For out of hours emergencies relating to an international health concern, please call 07718 806288. This number is for emergencies only and cannot be used form enquiries about imported food.

General enquiries and feedback

Please use our online general enquiries form for the following:

Please be aware that at busy times responses may be delayed, as we have limited resources to deal with direct enquiries.

Liverpool City Council also operate a complaints and feedback service called Have Your Say. Use Have your Say to give us feedback about a member of staff or service we have provided.


If you wish to make a complaint about a service, in the first instance, please use our online general enquiries form. If you are unhappy with the resolution we offer, you can make a formal complaint via Have Your Say.