Close x



I am not happy with the service I have received?

All complaints and compliments will be handled via Liverpool City Councils Have Your Say procedure.

We will do our best to resolve any complaint about this Authority to your satisfaction; this will be done in accordance with Liverpool City Council’s complaints procedure.

How do I make a payment to the Authority?

The Authority will accept payment via cheque or BACS; all cheques are to be made payable to Liverpool City Council.  The Authority will endeavour to issue and post receipts for all cheques that have been submitted, we hope to achieve this within 2 weeks of receiving a cheque.

When submitting a payment via BACS, the attached form needs to be completed and forwarded to both of the email addresses noted on the form; a copy of the banks confirmation of payment should also be attached to the email.

For payments in respect of official documentation, we would recommend using the charges calculator on this site to ensure the correct amount is recorded when submitting a payment.

How do I access both UK and EU Legislation?

EU Legislation can be accessed via the website Eur-Lex, we recommend using the simple search function.  A user manual is available on the website and can be found here.

UK Legislation can be found via the website.

How do I contact the Authority?

There are various means for contacting the Authority, these include:

Telephone: General Enquiries: 0151 233 2584
Imported Food: 0151 233 2583
Post: Mersey Port Health Authority
Victoria House
Derby Road
L20 1AB
e-mail: General Enquiries:
Imported Food: